Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Haircuts

Colin has had 2 hair cuts. I didn't think we would need them too frequently considering this is what he looked like at just about a year old:

Feb 9, 2012
But around my birthday when we went to the beach, we (and by "we" I actually mean Mike) decided that he needed to get his precious curls cut.  It made me a little sad because I feared that the cute curls wouldn't grow back (which was a well founded fear it turns out).  But we started getting more comments about how long his hair was getting, so alas, we went to a kid's hair place (45 minutes away since our town has nothing of the sort) to get a haircut.
June 2012
Colin did well for his first haircut.  Initially he didn't want to let go of me but once he got a handful of lollipops he was better.  He didn't eat any lollipops but did enjoy playing with them.  And he sure did look handsome in the end.
Watching himself in the mirror
And today, we had to do it again.  We went to the place the Mike goes to and Colin did OK despite the fact that he was hungry and tired and is going through a very mommy-clingy phase right now.  Today, he did eat the lollipop and appeared to enjoy it.  The stylist was awesome and definitely skilled at quickly cutting a toddler's hair.  I was very impressed - the salon is closer, I liked the cut better, a little cheaper... we'll be going back again.

Patiently waiting his turn while reading a Sports Illustrated - his hair grew fast in the past two months

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment