Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 2 - The Beach

The second part of our summer vacation was spent heading over to the beach house on Amelia Island for 3 days with Grandmommy, Jenni, and Tilden.  Grandmommy had not gotten to meet Colin yet so it was a very exciting trip for her and for my sister and I because we hadn't been to the beach together in YEARS (much less with our own children)!  Colin enjoyed his time at the beach.  We went down and I let him put his hands in the sand... which immediately went to his mouth.  He didn't quite know what to do once he got sand in his mouth as you can see in the picture below.


We went to the beach, played (well Colin slept) at the park, took long afternoon naps, and most importantly, Colin learned to roll over!  Our last day at the beach, I was about to go down to the water for a quick swim after Colin and I had been on a long walk and he was going to stay with Grandmommy for a few minutes.  He had been trying so hard to roll from him back to his stomach for the previous few weeks so I knew it was coming soon.  That morning, he finally did it.  He arched his back and got his shoulder underneath him and ended up on his belly.  He's been going belly to back since he was 6 weeks old but he definitely took a while to get back to belly (which from what I have been told is easier than the other way around... I guess he just doesn't do it the easy way!).  He only rolled twice that day and none the next day (who can blame him, we were traveling all day) but on my first day back to work the nanny told me he rolled from one end of the blanket to the other all morning long.  Since then, he has been rolling plenty but I think it also may be contributing to our sleep problems - despite the fact that he knows how to go from back to belly, he won't do it in his crib.





Jenni with her hands full

No comments:

Post a Comment