Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A VERY late 5 month old post

I know, I know... we are 5 days away from 6 months.  I have had this post sitting ready to be edited for almost a whole month now, it just didn't get done.  All last week I tried to edit on my Nook from Atlanta but for some reason it wouldn't let me so I just let it go.

I can't remember specifically things that Colin has done at 5 months but I will share some of the random things we have done by way of a couple of pictures.

Lots of watching the rain
When I first moved to Denver almost 8 years ago, we had rain almost every afternoon.  Lately (as in the past few years), it has been incredibly dry.  This year, however, we had a period of rainy afternoons - for 8 days straight I didn't have to worry about watering the lawn, which was wonderful!  Colin didn't know what to think about the rain but it was so nice to just sit out there and watch it.  It usually happened just before his bedtime so we'd get him in his pajamas and hang out on the porch.

Using the BOB for the first time hiking in Evergreen

Enjoying the rocky terrain
After a long, exhausting hike!  :)
While Mike was home one weekend we both felt the need to get out of the city and enjoy the mountain air.  Granted, we only made it to Evergreen but it was so nice all the same.  We went to Alderfer/Three Sisters Park to hike and got to get the BOB stroller out to enjoy the path.  When Mike and I were newly dating, we used to come here to ride mountain bikes... it's very different when you are on foot instead of on a bike and you are taking your own child.  It was very nice, though, and I loved hiking with the BOB.  It never occurred to me that there were options for hiking with the stroller (since we don't have a hiking carrier at this point) but Three Sisters provided great options for using the stroller - we hiked between 3 and 4 miles that day.

Colin is also very excited to be rolling over all the time.  He scoots himself from the middle of the rug in the living room to the far edge of it without me fully realizing how he's doing it.  I swear today I even saw him try to get up on his knees - I'm hoping I'm imagining that and it's not really happening quite yet.

I think that teeth aren't very far off.  I keep looking and have yet to see anything starting to come up but he is drooling a ton (more than normal - a lot is normal for him), practicing biting on anything he can get his hands on, including our hands (and boy does he have a strong jaw!), and is kind of cranky.  Lately, I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a growth spurt, teething, getting used to being back home after traveling, or just general crankiness.

While I don't have a Pooh Bear picture with him this month, this was taken on his 5 month birthday - edited slightly with Instagram on my iPhone.


No comments:

Post a Comment