Thursday, March 5, 2009

Passing the Time in Atlanta

I have been in town for just over a week now and spending as much time helping out (and bonding with my wonderful nephew, Tilden) as I can. It's funny because the stuff I'm focused on Jenni says hasn't even occurred to her yet. Today, for instance, I got the monitor out to start looking at it and seeing what we needed to make it work. Jenni said that it hadn't even occurred to her yet to look at that. One of the many ways Jenni and I are different - I have to see all the new stuff, open it up, make sure it's going to work correctly as soon as I get it.


I've also gotten to spend time with family which has been nice. It sure will be hard to leave in 5 days. But I desperately miss my husband as well since he wasn't able to come with me. I talk to him multiple times a day (obviously) and he's been doing "house work" (what else is new...) and spending lots of quality time with Trucker. They were on the way to the dog park today one of the times I talked to him. I'm sure that Trucker was in doggy heaven. Of course I definitely miss my animals. I know they are being taken care of but it's hard when you go from having two animals sleeping on you every night to having an entire bed to yourself!

So here's some pictures of how I have been keeping myself busy (in addition to sewing which I have already talked about)...

Giving gifts - Blue pants courtesy of Aunt Katie

Encouraging tummy time on the activity mat



Teaching Tilden about nap time


A couple of nights ago I was also lucky enough to attend the Bris of Zachary, my friend Lindsey's son. Lindsey and I have known each other forever it seems like (at least since middle school). We worked together at Georgia-Pacific, were in each others' weddings, and on and on. In fact, it's kind of my "fault" she knows her husband - had she not started working for my mom at GP, then she wouldn't have met Bill and she wouldn't have gotten married and have two beautiful sons... but that's another story. Anyway, I did not get to go to the Bris of her first son because I was already in Denver but when it turned out that Jenni and Lindsey were due near each other I realized I may actually be in town this time - and I was. It was such an amazing experience - much different than any circumcision I have witnessed in the hospital of course - and I also have never been to a Jewish ceremony other than her wedding. Knowing how important this is in Zachary's life, as well as his family's, I felt honored to be invited to be there for the ceremony. It was also great to see all her family who I haven't seen in ages and be able to meet Zachary while I was in town!


I'm sure there are many other things I have done that I can't write about at the moment - because really, it focuses mainly on one thing! Needless to say, I have been enjoying myself. Of course, now is the time I'd be able to finally get some overtime pay... it seems the unit is overflowing with patients and not enough staff! Can't have the best of everything I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment