Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Glutton for Punishment

According to FreeDictionary.com, a glutton for punishment is:

"someone who is eager for a burden or some sort of difficulty; someone willing to accept a difficult task. This evening, that is what I'm feeling like."

Since yesterday morning I have - in no particular order - taken Mike to the airport, pulled weeds for hours upon hours, went to the gym three times, slept for maybe 10 hours total, relaid the sod in the front yard (hope my husband remembers that he asked me to do it when he comes home and it's not as beautiful as his sodding), and picked up a night shift. That's right, I got a call at 1:30 this afternoon asking if I could work tonight because they need a charge nurse and I said sure. I had an appointment at the gym so had to go to that then came home and slept for 1.5 hours (included in 10 hours previously mentioned). So here I am... and here comes our new admission! Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment