Wednesday, February 2, 2011

38 weeks...

I know, this blog has just turned in to a countdown, but I can't help it.  It's what is on my mind these days so what else is there to talk about?  That's not true, I talk about other things, too, but I have to admit that most of my thoughts are focused on this little being inside and what he or she will look like, if it will move around as much once it's out of that tiny space, if it's a boy or a girl?!?

I had a doctor's appointment today and nothing big to update.  We did a size ultrasound and he pointed out a lot throughout.  He said that I have a good amount of amniotic fluid, the baby is practicing breathing all the time (which when they are stressed that is the first thing to go, so the baby is tolerating the Braxton Hicks contractions well), and by measurements it is probably about 7 pounds in there, too.  I asked him how far off that can be and he said half a pound either way...  I was hoping for at least a pound or two either way, but I guess I just have big babies (as does everyone in my family).  He said it will probably be overall around 7.5 lbs when it's born.

I have been having TONS of contractions at work.  But I have been off for the past 3 days so they have settled down immensely.  My friend, Allison, and I went walking at the mall the other day and I was having them there, too, but just sitting down and drinking some water makes them go away.  I am back to work tomorrow and Friday then also on Sunday so hopefully the day of rest on Saturday will make Sunday more bearable.  Then after that I only have two more shifts!!  I really can't believe it's finally time to meet Baby Naughton - and I'm sure you all feel the same way.

The house is almost put together and our chair should be here in another 2-3 weeks (I'll just have to make do until it gets here if baby gets here before the chair).  Well, when I say the house is put together, that's not completely true.  For some reason I feel the need to get everything except the nursery done - that is, everything outside of the nursery needs to look good and organized and clean before I finish the nursery.  I don't know why that's so important to me but it could have something to do with the fact that I have no idea what area rug I want for the nursery and the trim on the closet hasn't been installed yet.  So the nursery is still a mini-repository for all things baby until I make my way in there - which is soon, I promise!

I have had lots of energy the past few days so I don't know if it's nesting or just finally feeling a little rested after working this weekend... only time will tell.  I'll keep you updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment