Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random thoughts on reading

You know you have found a book your husband is interested in when you get home and find him reading. Well, OK, maybe I'm just talking about my husband. For my book club we read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It is kind of post-apocalyptic which is something Mike loves so I recommended it to him. I personally finished the book in a day of doing nothing but reading (I haven't done that in years - it was so nice!) so I gave it to him to read. And what do you know, he really liked it. So when the my friend gave my the second book, Catching Fire, I first offered it to him to read because I was in the middle of a book already. He looked at it and decided he didn't really want to read it so I put it on my side of the bed. In the meantime, I started reading it because I couldn't wait. But tonight, when I get home from work, there he was lying in bed reading my book! Good thing I knew exactly where I left off. I must say I have never had a book that I had to share - two people reading it at one time! I'm just waiting for him to get to bed so I can steal it and read some before I head off to sleep.

As an aside, the premise of the story does sound weird and a little gruesome. In my opinion it would be too gruesome for a movie but apparently that is in the works? But it really is a good book - and a fast read. It's young adult but don't let that deter you - it's a real page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment