Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We must live in Flordia

At least that's the way it feels lately. We have had rain every afternoon for the past 4 days at least. It's quite frustrating when we are trying to get yard work finished up and host an impromptu BBQ, as well. Although I can't complain because it means that we are doing much less watering of the lawn!

Hopefully my veggies will get planted this afternoon. Mike made a raised bed that I will use as my garden. I'm really excited but honestly don't know much about gardening so will learn as I go. I am using the ideas of Square Foot Gardening and am reading the book at the same time as I am planting, so we'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated of course. The fear of one more freeze is gone so hopefully my little salad fixins will work out well. As of right now, I have green peppers, red peppers, cucumbers, snap peas, a couple kinds of tomatoes, spinach, a lettuce mix, some spicy peppers for Mike (not me), and carrots. I think there may be more, but I can't think of them off hand. And if for some reason they don't grow well, at least I tried, right?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great, Katie! I would love to have a veggie garden next year... this year is just too crazy!
    You should try zucchini or sqaush, too - it's easy to grow and hard to kill, and it tastes sooo good straight out of the garden!

    ReplyDelete