Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby shower with work

I really wish I could explain what it's like to get together with the girls from work (well, and the boy that has joined us, too).  It's mass chaos - but wonderful, fun, almost organized mass chaos.  My baby shower was no different.  To try an explain, take for example the baby shower I hosted a year or so ago.


If you are counting, that's 7 adults and 9 children.  My mom was there behind the camera so she almost evened it out to just as many adults as children, but you can imagine what a house with no toys and no baby-proofing the fun we had that day.  In all honesty, it was so much fun, but it just is an example of the craziness of our get-togethers.

At my shower we didn't get a picture of all of us, but the final count was somewhere near 13 adults and 10 children, I think.  It was so much fun and I really have a blast with everyone from work.  The kids all get along so well and I can't wait to add my own to the bunch!  Here are just a few pictures.  I didn't have my own camera so I'm stealing these from my friends who posted on Facebook.

I'm in love with owls and really want to incorporate them in to the nursery somehow so this cake was very appropriate!  Our nursery colors are pale yellow walls with all the accents currently brown and green.  If we add a little girl to our family, I have already seen some adorable pink owls to add to the wall!

This is what the craziness looked like but it doesn't do it justice.  There were clearly children off in the distance somewhere with adults chasing them too because I know this isn't representative of the 23 people who were actually there.  Either way, though, my friend Erin did a fabulous job hosting and I couldn't be more appreciative!

Here I am enjoying time with the ladies at work.  You can definitely see the belly but can't fully appreciate its size, I know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment