Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two Months Old

Amazingly, Colin is 2 months old (OK, the post is late, he's actually almost 2 and a half months old now).  I don't know where the last 2 months have gone and every time I look back at the pictures of him in his first few days, I'm amazed at how much he has grown.  He definitely is now more of an infant than a newborn.  As I promised, I started getting pictures of him next to a stuffed animal in the same chair and will continue with this as long as I remember (and he agrees).

Pooh Bear has been mine since my senior year of high school.  It's very hard to part with (and I'm still not convinced I will)...
To get good pictures without the flashing going off, I opened the blinds on the window by the glider.  Colin knows there is light there but I think that was the first time he had seen outside the window.  And as you can see below, Moose was very excited that there was a new window to look out of.

Look, there's a window over there... I didn't know there was a window there!

Mom, why is Moose walking through our photo session?!?
We had his 2 month appointment on his actual 2 month birthday.  He weighed 11 lbs 2.5 oz and was 22 inches long.  That makes him in 50% for weight and 25% for height.  (And not that anyone really cares, but his head is 40%.)  I think he looks proportional but Mike keeps wanting him to grow taller.  I say just give it time.

Colin is doing all kinds of new things every day...

  • Smiles
  • Rolls from tummy to back (apparently he was supposed to start back to tummy??)
  • Sleeps for longer stretches at night (longest so far - 7 hours, normally 5-6 hours)
  • Stays awake more during the day
  • Grasps things (like my shirt when he's eating)
  • Gets distracted when he's eating
  • Holds his head up for longer periods of time
  • Sits up with assistance
  • Coos and laughs
  • Drools

I think he looks more constipated than smiley here.  The smiles are so few and far between I'm having a hard time getting them on camera

I do think Colin will be a thumb sucker.  First of all, almost every picture we have from ultrasound shows him with his thumb in his mouth, so it wouldn't surprise me.  But now he really, really wants his thumb - he desperately works to get it in his mouth and I'll always hear sucking sounds and look over to see his entire fist, thumb side first, in his mouth.  I don't have a picture of it but it really is cute.
Are we done yet??


No comments:

Post a Comment